Saturday, July 26, 2008

Pretty much....

He rocks....
And she is amazing... And we are already missing this lady...
Yesterday was my 29th birthday. And it was great. I am having a really hard time facing the reality that my 20's are almost over. I think next year will be a tough birthday for me...but I guess I will try to take the 30's plunge with grace. Last night we went to dinner. All day, I had been feeling a hidden feeling of selfishness about my friend Em. I knew I wanted to see her and hang out with her. That didn't seem to be happening....and...she hadn't even called to wish me a happy birthday! If I remember correctly, we have spent every birthday for the past 5 years together. She is one of my very best friends...and has definitely had the courage to stay beside me through thick and thin. And on birthdays (and ONCE in a while other special occasions), she shows up with the best chocolate cake you have ever tasted. Well, I guess I thought distance would get in the way. But Em showed up at the restaurant last night to celebrate my birthday with us. It was amazing...well, she is amazing. I completely enjoyed having her here...it was such an incredible surprise. And she even had chocolate cake with her. That made my birthday complete. :)
Nana left today and we will miss her. She was a tremendous help and loved on all of us a lot. I really hope we didn't wear her out too much here at the circus....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry it is a few days late. I did think of you on Friday. It sounds like you had a wonderful day. I can't believe we are 1 year away from 30!!

Love and Miss You,
Britton