Friday, July 18, 2008

By golly, I think it's clean...

I am so tired and I don't have any pictures of this. I will take some and show you our project from tonight. The house we moved into is about 22 years old...we really do love it, but we are accustomed to living in a brand new home. Needless to say, I think the people that lived here before us forgot to mop the tile in the kitchen for atleast the past 19 years. I tend to be a bit anal about my house being clean, but Hubs can vouch for me that the kitchen floor truly was gross. Every day, I would sweep, swiffer, and wipe a tile here and there....and every day the swiffer and rags would be black. I wasn't getting anywhere. Well, tonight I had had enough...my mom came in town today and we went to Wal-Mart. We bought grout and tile brushes and got after it. There was layers of disgusting dirt and grease and everything nasty in that kitchen. But now....oh sweet now....after about 3 hours of cleaning, half of the kitchen is DONE. And it looks so white and sparkly. I will show you a before and after picture....because I promise the floor made a remarkable recovery. It is absolutely amazing.
All that is to say that I am a bit weary from all the scrubbing, spraying, brushing, wiping, and shining the kitchen floor. I better rest up for the other half of the floor tomorrow...

No comments: