Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Big and mighty...

Today I took K-Bel back to the old hometown for a weight check (the picture above is from about a month ago). She had her feeding tube placed about five weeks ago and we could tell that she had started to gain some weight. We just weren't sure how much. We are constantly making efforts to give her extra calories and recently had to start putting the remainder of all of her bottles into her tube also. She has been anti-bottle lately for whatever reason (I don't know...maybe a tube down my throat would do the same thing to me). Anyway, K-Bel shocked us all today...that sweet baby tipped the scale at 17 1/2 pounds today. WHOA!!! It was truly an answer to prayer since we have been working on weight gain for so long. Here is K-Bel with her sweet sweet cousin this past weekend (can you tell that she has some meat on her bones?)
As always, Dr. S was amazing and very encouraging. I can't say enough about the friend she has become to us. Her office staff is amazing and she truly cares about our family. I am not sure I will ever be able to switch my kids to a pediatrician in the new hometown...haha. The other kiddos are doing great. C and K are taking swimming lessons this week. I asked K when I got home today if she put her face in the water and she said...'no, not yet.' Everything is done on her own time. C is doing great. He really doesn't need the lessons (he is a great swimmer), but I wanted him to have the chance to swim and meet new people. I think he is enjoying it. The highlight of C's week however is getting to go to football camp at Daddy's work. Hubs started work full time this week, so we have been missing him. But, C has gotten to go to big boy camp everyday. F has done really well. She is still adjusting to the new house...it can be very stimulating. We are trying to get some sensory equipment ordered for her, which will be awesome. Nana is still here and working herself to death. Our new neighbor (and great friend) Becky helped out today with transportation to and from football camp and two different swimming lesson times. Nana was here to hold down the fort and do all that crazy cleaning that she is so good at. :)
Things are coming along. Soon...oh so soon, hopefully we will get some pics of the new house up for everyone to see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am getting spoiled again with all these posts! I love getting to see your family grow. Thanks for sharing. Love, Britton