Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Back to the real world...

When we went to PC, we were able to block a few things out of our minds. Well, atleast that is what we tried to do. We sold our house in our old hometown a few days before we left to go to PC....so, what does a crazy family like us do? We drove through our new hometown to pick out a house on our way to PC. Haha...we laugh that we saw the house we now live in for 20 minutes before we made our offer on it. On Thursday during our week at PC, my mom called with some heartbreaking news. My sweet Aunt Melinda had passed away that morning. So, we packed our bags and headed West for her memorial service...leaving the greatest place on earth a little early. Melinda fought with cancer for several years and God finally took her home. The weird thing is that even though I truly knew this was coming, I was really caught off guard. Melinda was a beautiful woman with an incredible love for Christ and her family. I am so thankful to have lots of great memories of being with her throughout my childhood years until now. I never questioned how much she loved me or whether I was welcome in her home. I will miss her so much, but I am so glad that her fight is over...she persevered and now lives with the Lord. She LOVES children and received the greatest gift about 6 months ago when her first grandchild was born. I know that her heart was filled with so much joy because of him.
When we got home, we had lots of packing to do. Hubs was back to the new hometown teaching summer school, but my mom and pops came in town to help wrap things up at the old house. Then, we had a slight turn of events...K-Bel had a doctor appointment with the GI doctor. We knew that he was ready to put a feeding tube in her, but we did not know what that process looked like. To my surprise, he put her in the hospital overnight to get it taken care of right away. Thankfully, my parents were at the house to watch the other kiddos and Hubs came to be with me and K-Bel at the hospital. When we got home, we just packed and packed and packed....and tried to protect K-Bel from ripping her NG tube out of her nose/throat/stomach. She went to the doctor 6 days after her tube was put in and had already gained about 12 ounces. AMAZING!!! Next week, she has a check-up and we think she has gained close to another pound....we will see!

No comments: