Thursday, July 24, 2008

Goodbye to the old hometown...

I know this is old news, but I am still trying to play catch up from the long blogging vacation that I took. Our last few days in the old hometown were pretty crazy. We loaded U-hauls, soaked up our friends, closed on our first house, shed a few tears (poor Hubs...it got the best of him), and said goodbye to a great place to live.
We had so much help packing up our house and loading the U-haul. God is so good...I am not kidding when I say that people were coming out of the wood-work just to help our circus. Family, friends, neighbors (lots of neighbors) and some of Hub's old football players came to help out. We appreciate everyone so much.
The kids had a blast playing in all of the empty rooms and jumping on lots of mattresses. They truly did great with all of the craziness...we are so blessed...our kids are amazing.
Then, it was time to say goodbye. And that was hard. We left the old hometown overflowing with memories. My hope is that we never forget all that was there and that the friendships we made will last a lifetime.

No comments: