Friday, August 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Princess K

Wow...today is a big day. K says that she is still 2, but I clearly remember that she was born three years ago today. Seven pounds, two ounces...only 18 3/4 inches long. And we were so in love. We are still so in love. What many people do not know is that we were pregnant with a sweet baby girl (to be named Olivia) before we were pregnant with K. So, having another chance for a girl was such a blessing. And we always joke with some seriousness, that K has so much personality that she must be both babies wrapped into one. She is such a delightful, yet sassy young lady. And I have never seen her daddy's eyes light up the way they do when she wants to play princess with him...and please know that her daddy can play quite the princess. C-man was a little apprehensive about attending a princess party. I understand. But, upon the guests arrival, he and his buddies became knights and helped to build castles made of blocks for the princesses. I think they enjoyed their time at the party despite being surrounded in pink tulle and tiaras. K received some really fun things including a super cool dress up trunk with fun things in it, a huge pig princess (that K swears is a bear to this day), a princess carriage that can carry princess people or star wars characters (we believe in diversity at this house...haha), a baby doll that talks, my little pony things, and playdough (that she has spent almost an hour everyday playing with). I think K's birthday party was a success. One of my hopes for our children is that they will be able to look back on their birthdays and remember how we celebrated their life every year. I hope they will remember a few special things that we prepared to help make their day just right. K had our best friends from the old hometown, our new friends from the new hometown, most of her grandparents, and all of our personal circus here to celebrate with her. At the end of the day, all I can do is look at her sweet (and gorgeous face) and know that she truly is a princess in my eyes and God's eyes. And there has not been one moment that I have not been thankful for the gift that God gave me when he gave me K three years ago.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Tracy!! I must have done something crazy with my favs on my computer b/c every time I look at your blog it takes me to your post on Dec 1 2007....I thought you had just stopped blogging. Tonight I found your blog link after following links on several other blogs and see that you are still blogging!!! I'm so happy!! I can still follow your sweet family! : ) Looks like you are doing well. I can't believe how much your kids have grown in the past couple of months. We miss your family...the nursery at Stonebriar REALLY misses your family! ; ) Take Care!!!