Friday, August 15, 2008

My Wish...

C has a very sweet heart. Here is a conversation that I just had with him...
C: 'One of my feet feels taller.'
Me: 'Oh yea...is that a good thing?'
C: 'Well, for me it is.'
Me: 'How's that buddy?'
C: 'Because that means that I am growing up to be a daddy.'
As I type that WORD FOR WORD conversation that I enjoyed with my son, my heart is amazed. In the last six months, I have begun to realize how incredible he truly is. I am a biased mom, but I can't help it. He is so mature, and even though he makes many 5 year old decisions, he is wise beyond his years. C is truly a great kid and I am one lucky mom.
C, someday, you are going to be an amazing daddy. And the truth is son, that if you are even a fraction of the daddy that your daddy is, you will be incredible. And more than that, it really warms my heart to know that you are already focused on things like family...that is amazing. We love you and God is doing wonderful things with your heart. We always tell you that we are going to put a brick on your head because you are getting to big, but in all honesty, I can't wait to see what God has in store for you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am still all for the "brick" and so very grateful that this sweet little man loves his grandmother's because we sure do love him! He warms our hearts so very much!!!