Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I guess I've been busy...

Well, it's been a while. It has been a weird week or so. It started out (week ago this past Friday) that I found out that I didn't have a job anymore. Then, I found out that my circus was expanding. No, not from my belly....ha. But, because of Hurrican Gustav. We are from the area that Gustav was threatening to visit, so we invited a crew of evacuees to stay with us. We had lots and lots of fun. There were eight children and four adults running around here. Sometimes, I wondered if the hurricane had landed in my house...haha. Great times though...and lots of fun play time.
And did I mention that this was one of the evacuees? Oh my word....was I in heaven. I even scored a little photo shoot with her.
C is doing well in kindergarten. He has had really good days for the most part. His sensitive spirit has shown once in a while, but he is holding up wonderfully. It has been hard for me to not be working at the school he is attending. I really wanted to be a part of his kindergarten year, and know the school system from the inside. Hubs, of course, works for the same district, but he is at the high school and clueless as to the happenings at the elementary. Anyway...God is working on me right now. He is doing a lot of things in my heart right now and one of them is having faith that C will be fine in his new surroundings. (here is C playing tennis racket guitar and singing a fine melody)
As for the three little monkeys....well, we are enjoying spending some quality time together. K and I have been doing some art projects, which is one of her very favorite things to do. One of my passions is preschool and child development, so I am enjoying trying to provide that at home with my sweeties. I found myself the other night preparing some thematic units and lesson plans for us to use...haha. I can be such a nerd.
K-bel had an apointment yesterday. Our home health nurse left a scale with us because K-bel had been losing some weight without her feeding tube in. Oddly enough though, yesterday, she weighed much more than normal. When I took her to the doctor, she was still weighing heavy. So, we were kind of hopeful. Then, I weighed her today to see if we could really count on it, and she was back under 18 pounds. Crazy... So, her saga is not over, but we are leaving the tube out for another week or two to see if she can atleast eat enough to maintain her weight...and then start growing again. We will see.

No comments: