Sunday, August 3, 2008

And it all begins...

Football's here. Tomorrow starts two a days. The start of the big season of the year: not fall, but football. To kick off the season, some booster club members had the coaches over for swimming, fishing, and burgers. We had a great time. The kids had a blast....I think C was probably in the pool for three hours. When he wasn't in the pool, he was fishing in the pond, where he caught atleast 12 fish. He was having a blast. The girls had fun swimming with daddy (except K-bel because of her tube...in fact in the pic below, you can see someone feeding her through her tube...oops). C and K finished up swim lessons this week, so K was really swimming like a big girl. We were really proud of her. They are so silly...
Hubs is getting ready for the season. I have seen him draw atleast 60 cards of some sort...something about defensive plays (ha...my football knowledge is lacking). The time that coaches put into the game is incredible and he is no exception. He spends more time with someone else's kids than he does with his own during football season. And the neatest thing about it is that he makes an impact. He is a great coach with an amazing head for the game and heart for the kids. We love you Hubs!!
While we were at the coach's party a few nights ago, two of the coaches decided to have some sort of a diving contest. They are a lot of fun to be around and that night they provided some good entertainment.
I have one more week until I go back to work. I am a little nervous and I will definitely be very sad to leave my kiddos. We have found a nanny that we are very excited about having in our home while I am at work. I plan to work half time this year...we will see how that works out. So, this week will be jam packed with finishing up that darn red kitchen and painting the entry way area. Then...tackling all of the little jobs that I saved for later :( !! I am thankful for all that I have gotten done, but I think we still have a long way to go. Here is a sneak peak of something cool in C and K's room (the safari)...it is incredible and we have Papa to thank for that.

1 comment:

johnnamarie96 said...

I miss you! Looks like the new place is going to be a good one though! Love ya honey! Give the kids kisses and hugs!