Thursday, August 21, 2008

Really?

Is my princess really having her 3rd birthday party this weekend? This can't be true. We prayed and prayed for this baby and that she would be healthy. And now...she is here and she is healthy and boy is she sassy. There is nothing more fitting for her than a princess party because as she told someone a few weeks ago, 'I have to have a princess party because....I am a princess.' I love you K and I am so happy for you that you are God's little princess.
Did my biggest little man really have 'meet the teacher' night for Kindergarten tonight? This really can't be because he was just born last night. I have told many people that I might have to go to a therapy session after dropping him off. C is pretty concerned about this thing called Kindergarten. He went so far as to tell the principal of his new elementary school that he did NOT want to go to school and he would PREFER (haha) to stay at home with his mommy. Tonight, he finally said to me as we were driving to the school to meet his teacher, 'Mommy, I am trying to be excited, but I am way too nervous.' Sweet boy...I was proud of him for telling me how he was feeling. K-Bel broke 18 pounds this week at her checkup. Everyone was very happy with her weight gain even though it was not as substantial as last month. The expectation as a baby gets older is not as high as far as growth, so that is nice for us. K-Bel has a fairly new little issue though. We have noticed (we being my mom while she was here, hubs' mom while she was here, friends, and us of course) that K-Bel is not really eating anymore. And she is certainly not drinking her bottles. At first, we figured it was because her belly was full from her tube feedings. But, things have become worse over the course of the past month or so. Some days, she does not take a sip of liquid at all. Soooo....the little pickle got a surprise. Our doctors and feeding therapist decided to give her a little break from her tube and see if her oral food and liquid intake increases. The break is one week long, so we will see how that goes.
F....sweet F. She traveled with me to K-Bel's appointment this week. We persevered, but not very gracefully. I expected too much of her by being gone from home for 12 hours. And I expected too much of myself by taking her away from home for 12 hours. I was talking with my friend Becky and there is something special about F. She truly has no idea that she is any different than anyone else around her. She is such a happy and carefree child (aside from our moments that are sometimes hefty moments). F really just thinks that she is it and that is fine with me. Anyway....ya'll have a great weekend. We will be footballin', partyin', and prayin that mommy and C can make it through the Kindergarten dropoff...ha.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Hang in there dear friend! I'll be praying for C's 1st day and yours without him! He's such a precious little boy that is just gonna jump right in there and swoon his teacher! You're the one I'm worried about!!! :) But luckily you have 3 little darlins that'll keep you busy!

Meredith said...

Hey girl,

Just wondering how C's first day went. Hope you made it through okay. Also, wanted to check on the Nanny status. Have you found one?