Friday, May 23, 2008

Why?

I know it is all over the news and many blogs. But, my heart breaks for Steven Curtis Chapman and his family. His youngest daughter, Maria (adopted from China) was killed in a tragic accident at their home on Wednesday. Of course, I don't know SCC, but I have definitely been touched by his music over the years. In fact, one of his songs was played at our wedding. I am also amazed by his love for children and his support and advocacy of adoption.
The thought of losing a child bewilders me. The God that created this universe gives and takes away. But, I don't think I can grasp losing one of my sweet babies. C's heart, K's eyes and charm, F's eager approach to life, K Bel's tender love...all of these things are things that I assume are mine forever. Our kids are given to us for a season, and we don't know how long that season will be. Hug them a little tighter and for a little longer today. And please pray for the Chapman family...that God's peace and grace will cover them.
Here is the chorus of Steven Curtis Chapman's recent song, "Cinderella":
So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh I will dance with Cinderella
I don't wanna miss even one song,
Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone.

No comments: