Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Mother's Day...

I gave C a book for Christmas that is called 'I Love You More', by Laura Duksta. It is awesome. Tonight when I was reading it to the kids before bed, it really hit me how blessed I am to have a mom that is unreal. She is one of my very best friends. Somehow, it seems, that she always had time for me, she always had a perfectly clean house, dinner was always cooked and cleaned up, laundry done (practically before you had a chance to even take your clothes off), and more love than you can imagine. She set her expectations high and her tolerance for disrespect low. She whopped me on the hiny when I was naughty, but hugged me and told me she loved me almost immediately after. She is an amazing wife, mom, nana, sister, daughter, Christ follower, and friend.
Here is a little glimpse of the book that I was reading tonight...Mom, I do love you more!! :)
"I love you higher than the highest swing ever swung. I love you sweeter than the sweetest song ever sung. I love you longer than the longest lollipop ever lasted. I love you louder than the loudest rocket ship ever blasted. I love you taller than the tallest giraffe ever grown. I love you more, so much more than you've ever known."
Some people cannot talk about their mother in law the way that I can. Over the years, I have grown so much closer to her than I really thought was possible. Don't get me wrong...we had some years of warming up and learning each other's quirks (mostly mine, I am sure). But that time was well spent and well worth the wait. Talk about a woman of God...she has an incredible faith. I am thankful for the son that she raised and the character that she molded in him. I am inspired by her independence, loyalty, humor, and positive outlook. I am blessed that, even though she is my mother in law, she is one of my closest friends. Grammy, I don't have a quote for you, but you are loved and respected by many. And I am blessed to call you....mommy in law.
I hope everyone had a Happy Mother's day. We had a great weekend, with Faithy's 2nd birthday party. More on that later.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Whew, box of kleenex!! There are all sorts of blessings and challenges in life. Being your Mom has to be at the top of the blessing list! I love you with all my heart!

Mom

I love you too, Grammy!

Grammy said...

Well, well.......how blessed am I to have such a precious daughter-in-law and her mother, my outlaw, in my circle of closest friends. I can't think of anyone better for my son to cleave to. To have a daughter like Shannon and a daughter-in-law like you.....doesn't get any better! And all those grandkids!!!! Love you (and that outlaw) bunches!