Thursday, May 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Little F...

Two years ago today, I received a call from our caseworker at the foster agency. "We have a baby that needs a home" she said. I think I might have said yes without even calling Hubs first. We had been asking the agency for a baby for a long time. I received that call on a Monday, and on Thursday, I met up with the director of our agency to pick her up. I haven't stopped chasing her since. (Those are some cookies from her ice cream party)
I have always asked God for a baby with curly hair...F definitely has that. I have always said that we might need a little spunk in our house....F definitely has that. Hubs has always wanted a Daddy's girl....F definitely IS that. Our family needed someone who is not afraid to tell us what she thinks....F definitely is that. We needed someone who walks through a room saying, 'hi guys, how are you, good.' even when there is noone in the room...F definitely is that. F is definitely not a child anything like the rest of the kids in our house, but she is our child. I often look at her and wonder what the future holds...not just for our family, but for her as an individual.
Today F is two years old. I am thankful that she is a part of our family...she really is one of us. God has given us a gift. Some days, I don't deserve her. I am still learning how to handle her the best way that I can. But, I love her and I hope she feels loved.
So, happy birthday F...you really do win my heart day by day!!! I love you...

2 comments:

Grammy said...

Faith is a blessed little girl to have landed in your home and have a mommy and daddy who love her so much. Jeremiah 29:11 says God holds her future in His hands and I claim that for her.......and for us.

johnnamarie96 said...

I just love her! She is so lucky to have you. You are wonderful parents! Happy Birthday Miss F!