Saturday, March 15, 2008

Life is different...

My blogging commitment has not been very committed, eh? I could come up with a few excuses, but I won't. I do however wish my upload speed was faster so it was not such a long process.
Things are going well...well, different around here. As some of you know, J moved back with his family. He had been missing them for a while and thought that he was ready to reconnect with them. We discouraged the move, but understood and respected his decision when he chose to go anyway. Here is his 'goodbye' picture with the kids...ha.
Hubs has started working in our future hometown. Things are going well, although he is really missing his wifie and kids. We are missing him too. Hopefully the house will sell soon. We haven't had very many lookers, but I am sure it will pick up soon. It is spring break this week, so we are all together as a family. That is nice. We will head West for Easter to spend time with extended family.
I have really enjoyed spending time with the kids lately. It seems, all of the sudden, that they are growing up WAY too fast. I want them to remember all of the time that we spent together playing, reading, and enjoying the days that God has given us. One thing that C and I have been doing in preparation for Easter is studying the Easter story. We are using the neatest thing...it is called Resurrection Eggs. It is amazing to watch him have such a great interest in Jesus' sacrifice for us. His heart is really beginning to soften and seek God's will. He is growing into an amazing young man. I feel a great privelege to be his momma. Last night he prayed at the dinner table to thank God for our day and to thank God for his mommy, daddy, and sisters. I am thankful for him.
K...well, K just needs to learn to use the potty. But she doesn't want to. We might just tell her that we ran out of diapers and it is her time to shine...haha. Besides that, K makes my heart smile everyday. I love her sassy little personality.
F is doing fine. She is as naughty, but cute as ever. Her therapist has finally seen some of the behaviors that I have been describing and hopefully we will be able to help her. She is really talking a lot...and is very funny. Her biological mom has been contacted about our move but has not responded, so F will make the journey with us (not that we thought she wouldn't).
K Bel is my sweet little love muffin. She is nine months old now and getting so grown up. She is already talking...her list of words include, "mommy, daddy (addy), poo poo (ha), shoo-weee (haha), uh oh, no ma'am (poor faith hears it from everyone now), happy, owie, hi, and a few more. It is truly amazing that she is already saying all kinds of things. She is starting to move a little more with the help of her motor therapist, Ms. Linda. She just started 'army crawling' this week. Even though she seems to be getting so 'big', she still only weighs a little over 13 1/2 pounds.
We hope everyone is doing great. I am not sure how many people ever check this since I never update it, but hopefully I am documenting this circus we live in.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I check it daily and am so glad you updated with such cute pics!

Love,
Nana

Holly said...

There is someone out there:) I am just as erratic as you are about posting on my blog, so don't despair...or stop posting when you get the urge:)