Tuesday, March 18, 2008

It really is sweet....

Tonight, I was able to take the time to ly down with each child in their bed and snuggle, sing, pray, and whisper with them. It was so good for my heart. These kids are nothing short of amazing. It started with F...my little stinker. We were actually in my bed because I am not sure that I would fit in her bed :). She kept whispering, "mommy" and holding out her hand. Or "give me five". Surprisingly enough, she was so still and sweet. I didn't want to let her go, but Hubs came and stole her to put her in bed.
Next, I went to K's bed. She just looked up at me and smiled. I asked if I could ly down in her bed with her and she just giggled. I am quite certain that she felt pretty important. And I know for a fact from the look in her eye, that she felt a little extra love tonight and so did I. We sang her song (each child has a song that I made up specifically about them), ABC's (with her added rendition of "I am Z" instead of Y and Z at the end), Old McDonald, and Itsy Bitsy Spider. With some hugs and kisses, I was off to my next contestant.
C was in his top bunk, so I decided not to brave that. I should have, but didn't. I stood on his bottom bunk and held him close though, and it felt good. I told him how thankful I am that he is growing into such a strong big brother and faithful young man. He just smiled...I told him I loved it when he smiles. We sang his song and he did a little dance, which made my heart dance with him. That boy...he has my heart.
K Bel needed a bottle and some love too. Her eyes were heavy and she wanted her Mommy. Hubs gave her to me and we snuggled on the couch together (since I certainly can't fit in her bed). She had a little scope of her GI system done today, so she is a little irritable and needy. I don't mind...she is so tiny and lovable. It gave us an excuse to give her some extra attention today.
I guess that just leaves my sweet husband. I feel quite certain that he would gladly let me sing him a song or two...ha. Just kidding, but I know that we are enjoying having each other around this week. We actually sat down for some lunch together by ourselves today and that was beautiful. Maybe we can do that again soon (since it is usually a year or two between those occurences).
Have a good night everyone.

1 comment:

Manda said...

What a sweet family! You are a blessed and very lucky lady!