Sunday, November 23, 2008

Back in the old hometown...

And it feels good. With my best friend Em...just sitting next to her in the white chair in her living room. A computer in each of our laps...just hanging out. She was supposed to be in bed a while ago because she has to work tomorrow, but she is still right here next to me. And that is just fine with me. I love her...she will throw up when she reads this. All that mushy stuff is not her cup of tea. But, the great thing is that I know she loves me too. She took me (and Hubs and K-Bel) to my favorite eatery tonight for dinner. And...she snuck a toy for K-bel out of my basket at Target because she wanted to buy it for her. She is sitting here making me cool CDs to listen to while we are in the hospital this week. It is just good. I love it and well....I really miss it. We used to live just a couple of streets away from each other...now, many miles separate us. And when I think about it, that makes me very sad. But, tonight I am just loving this time...knowing that no matter what, we are just us. She knows me. She knows the real me. And that is a gift. We could use prayers this week. Hubs and I are hanging with K-bel and the grandmas are hanging with the other kiddos. I am sure things will go smoothly, but it will be hard to be apart during this holiday week when we could be having such quality time together. We should all be together for Thanksgiving, so I am thankful for that.
I got to see one of my other very favorite people in the world tonight. Talk about missing somebody. One of the hardest things has been not walking out of my front door and chatting with her while our kiddos run around like crazy between our yards. I miss picking my kids up from her house (the way too many times that she so graciously helped me out), thanking her, and hearing her say, 'anytime'. I really do have a lot to be thankful...that's for sure. Ya'll have a great week...

2 comments:

The Durham Family said...

That was a very sweet post. Aren't best friends the best? I've been thinking about you and your little sweetie pie. Keep us posted!

nurse donna said...

Dear Tracy and Christopher,
It was wonderful to meet you and your sweet Kyler at Medical City Children's Hospital this week. I TOTALLY LOVED reading about your beautiful family and admiring the pictures. You are truly blessed.
I wish all of you a safe, healthy and happy Holiday Season.

Take care,
Donna

Donna Hinschberger, RN,CPN
Nurse Manager, 6 North