Monday, October 29, 2007

Long time, no seeeeeee...

Wow...I know I know. It has been a while. I just can't keep my head above water these days. Fall is settling in here and that means spring cleaning...ha! I have been gathering cool weather clothes for the munchkins and cleaning out closets and drawers of spring and summer clothes. And...that is a chore around here, friends. We are wrapping up football season and gearing up for basketball season. Football season has two games left...they have done great this season, only losing one game. I have lots of pictures from our time at one of the games. I am not sure if I have told you before, but K is in love with the mascot (she calls him 'the monster'). I mean, there is no greater love for her at this point....she spends a lot of the game waving to the mascot, yelling, "HIIII MONSTER!!!"...here is a picture of that:
She loves for the cheerleaders to take her down to the track to play with the mascot...she is just smitten for him (or her...I'm not sure about that one). Here are some pictures of Rocky (aka the monster) with some of the coach's kids (and K).
Here is how F felt about the Redhawk...
Here is a pic of the best coach ever and J...such cuties!
C has really been into football this season. He constantly plays it in the house and he wants to know if our team is winning, etc. After the game last week, C ran up to Hubs and said, "Daddy, when I grow so big, I am going to be on your football team and you can be the coach." Wow...you should have seen the smile on Hubs' face...he liked that idea!!! :)
The kids are doing good. C and K are enjoying school. I am continually amazed with their school. Our kids are loved on all day long while learning a whole new language. C has started reading and writing in Spanish...simple things, but he is just starting. He can switch gears so easily...for instance...he knows (in English) what letter words begin with, etc. Well, the other day he brought home a worksheet, and apparently he knows what letter some Spanish words start with too. I was really impressed. Then...little K got in the car the other day... I said, "K, what did you do at school today?" K said, "I eat. I sleep. I sit (she said 'sit' in spanish, i just don't know how to spell it)."
This weekend, Hubs sat down to play with some little animals with K that come in all colors (they are for sorting). She starting lining up all the 'patos' (ducks) and telling Hubs what color they were in Spanish. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! I am so glad that she is more open to speaking Spanish to us than C is/was.
And, here is my sweet little bitty girl...isn't she a doll??
Well, I have a bit of an update on F. Her mom has still chosen not to call. Whatever that means...no one knows. But, the caseworker and I talked about it last week. If F's mom does not call by early summer of next year, we are going to approach her with paperwork do start the process for the 'A' word. I don't even want to say it because it gets my hopes up. But, we will wait and see what the Lord has in store for us. But, we are not even going to worry about it right now...time is a virtue as far as a judge is concerned. It will look great that we have had her so long and it might work to our advantage if we wait until her mom has had many months to call and try to get F back....and just plain old hasn't done it. SOOO...there is the update...not much of anything, but maybe a glimpse of a plan. NOTE TO F: F, if you come back and read this someday, please know that Mommy and Daddy love you with all of our hearts. We want what is best for you. We support your birth mom in having you if that is God's will, but we also want to be your forever family if that is God's will. Baby girl...just hang tight...sometimes waiting is hard, but it will all work out.
Hmmm...well....on that note, I can't really think of anything else to say. The kids are excited about trick or treating. That is always a lot of fun. Stay tuned for pictures of Batman, a fairy princess, the bumble bee (some think of her as a wasp...ha) and the baby penguin.
Have a great week everyone!!!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Faith is so blessed to be in your home! You have such a sweet family. I can't wait to see the halloween pics!

Unknown said...

Oh great job, Trace! Loving that pic of Kynlee waving to the "monster" and the multiple personalities of all of the coaches kids with him/her also. I would like the pic of Kynlee and Chris and Jarod for sure. Great job and the part about our little Faith made my eyes just flood right before going to work! Dah!!!!! The baby princess is so pretty!! Can't wait to see Batman and the rest of the circus! Love ya, Mom

Grammy said...

I had the same response, Nana! If God's plan is for us to be Faith's forever family, He will work it out for us. He wants what's best for her, too. But, yes, waiting is hard. Meantime, we'll just continue to love her along with the rest of the nuts (big and little)! Great pictures, as usual. Love to all, Grammy