Friday, September 7, 2007

Speedracer...

Apparently C was foreshadowing today's events when he was riding his bike 'way too fast' the other day. Yep...I was pulled over for the first time in my life today...and bypassed the warning. I got a CITATION!! Can you believe it? Well, I can't. And those of you that know me and my sensitivity oh so well...yep, you got it...I started BAWLING in front of the police officer (but he didn't seem to feel sorry for me)!! This is probably what I looked like...
On a brighter side of things, today was 'meet the teacher' day at C and K's school. We had a good time. C was a little nervous, but that is to be expected. And K...well, she was just K. She walked right in and started playing. I don't think she will even look back for a moment when I drop them off on Monday...and I definitely think she will be much more open to learning Spanish than her sweet brother. All the teachers were happy to see C. I talked to him before we went in about speaking when he was spoken to (ha...that is really hard for him sometimes). I think he thought I meant that he had to speak in Spanish because he answered every person in Spanish that spoke to him. Such a good guy. C is in the Kindergarten classroom this year at his school. We made the decision to go ahead and put him in there for the challenge (the school approached us last year), but we will still put him in English kindergarten next year. I hope it was a good decision...he is so sensitive (hmmm...where does he get that?).
I am back to work full swing. The kids LOVE Haley (and I do too, of course). She is a good friend of our family and her sister used to be our babysitter before she went to college. I worked a little more than I hope to work most weeks, but we made it through. Hubs had his first home football game of the season yesterday...close, but no cigar. Maybe next week he will get the win. K Bel is helping him game plan.
Check this out...my baby boy is getting SOOOO big! Can you believe he can hang from a tree. I know...probably not that exciting but I thought it was pretty cool.
And here is something funny. I was sitting on my bed feeding K Bel and C started playing with some little plastic animals. A few minutes later, he said look mom...can you figure it out? Ha...I didn't know what he meant, so he told me. It was a pattern...rabbit, duck, cow, cow.
Oh...and I took F to visit her mom on Tuesday. It went well, I think. F did not really want to have anything to do with her mom, but that is to be expected. Her mom was so understanding about it though. I was really proud of her...it must be tough to be in her position. I think I would get really frustrated. But, we visited for about an hour. F threw a couple of fits when I steppped out of the room, so they saw that sweet baby's temperament. Apparently she is just like her mom! :)
Here are some other pictures from the week. Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: