Thursday, April 16, 2009

He is Risen...

There is truly no greater gift to mankind. Not only did Jesus Christ live a sinless life on Earth and suffer on the cross for us. But on the third day...the tomb was empty...Jesus had risen! Because of Him, even though I am a sinner, I will spend eternity with the One who came into this world to save us. So, a happy day it was. We had a wonderful Easter.
We traveled West for the weekend. We were at Grammy's house having so much fun playing outside and enjoying family. Nana came to visit on Saturday and Nonny and Mal spent lots of time with us too. We dyed Easter eggs on Saturday night, which is always fun and messssssy. :)
When the kids woke up on Sunday morning, they were surprised to see their Easter baskets full of goodies.
We enjoyed a wonderful service at church and came home for a great meal at Grammy's. After church, we all had lots of fun hunting eggs.
On our way through my parent's town, we stopped at my uncle's house to crash their Easter party/meal. He is an incredible cook anyway, but he truly out did himself. It was quite the buffet and the sweets were delightful. We enjoyed seeing my grandparents, my aunt and uncles, my great grandmother, and lots of cousins...and of course, our Nana. It was really nice to see everyone. I sure wish that we lived closer to all of them.
We hope that all of you had a wonderful holiday weekend. Tomorrow is the day for K-bel to go to the doctor. She looks good to me....I think we can count on a good gain this month. Her belly looks big.I have been working for about 3 or 4 weeks, and I love my job. I could share some incredible stories about how God has already used this time in my life for special things. I have seen and talked to people that I haven't been in contact with in years. And it has blessed me tremendously....my only struggle is that I truly miss my time with the girls. They are well cared for and have fun playing with the other children. I just wish that I was the one playing with them.

No comments: